Bring a friend $5 discount...ask for details!
Makana Art Studio is an art environment, designed by owner/artist, Cindy Schafhirt, where local artist's come together to offer multi-medium workshops weekly to the Mississippi-Alabama-Louisiana Gulf Coast communities.
To name a few of the workshop's offered here in our studio:
* Hand Blown Glass Shard Fusion Art on Canvas
* Pottery (such as Slab Building, Saggar Fire and Raku)
* Painting, specializing in seascapes and fantasy trees
* Plus various glass fusing, fiber art, felting, yarn spinning, sewing lessons, creative soap, and jewelry workshops.
Current visiting artists:
Like us on Facebook to join our community in order for you to receive updates on events, workshops and DIY project information.
Take a class or workshop with us and create with mediums such as:
We are makers and artists, just like you! If you have a creative energy and want to learn how to sew your own clothes, take a class with us where we work with you one-on-one at your own pace. You will learn how to:
* Sew on a sewing machine safely
* Sewing machine needle sizes for various types of fabric
* Sewing machine feet differences and what they are used for
* Load a bobbin
* Thread a sewing machine
* Change out a needle
* Keep your sewing machine clean and in good working order.
* Select a pattern based on skill level
* Read pattern fabric and notion selection
* Gauge your measurements for patterns
* Pattern and fabric lay-outs
* Apply pattern instructions
* Tips and tricks to save you fabric and time sewing
* Plus more...
Sign up to hear from us about sales, upcoming workshops, and more!